Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) Is a fully funded scholarship opportunity offered to postgraduates students from Asian developing countries. Students between the ages of 35 years below, who desire a PhD and masters degree in studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions is eligible to apply now for the fully funded scholarship program.
Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) Value:
The scholarship covers the following:
- The scholarship provides full tuition fees
- A monthly allowance for expenses
- Housing, books and instructional materials
- Medical insurance and travel
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
Who Can Apply
Candidate who meets the following requirements can apply for the scholarship program:
- The program is open to those who have gained admission to an approved MA/PhD* course at a participating academic institution.
- Candidates should be 35 years old or younger; in good health; with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent; and have a superior academic record.
- Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
- Scholarships are available to citizens of the following countries/areas. (Click HERE to see list of countries who can apply)
How to apply
Interested students who wish to take this scholarship opportunity will have request for the application from the preferred institution website by writing and indicating interest to join the Scholarship Program.
The Appropriately filled Institution application form and all required documents, including the ADB-Japan Scholarship program Information Sheet form, must be submitted to the institution they have chosen.
You must submit applications forms for the scholarships at least six months before the planned time that you wish to start your studies. So therefore the deadline date varies.