5 UN Job Interview Preparation Tips include:
- Prepare a wide range of brief real-life stories about your accomplishments.
- Be ready to discuss your strengths and your ability to learn from past experiences.
- Review the competencies mentioned in the job opening.
- The structure of your answer should be: Situation, Action, and Result.
To land a UN job is relatively everyone’s dream. It is once in a life time opportunity that you would not love to blow up, hence, adequate care ought to be taken. With the right information and necessary guidelines, you are good to go! Now let’s look at some useful interview tips. Are you ready?
Top 5 UN Job Interview Preparation Tips
- Prepare a wide range of brief real-life stories about your accomplishments. Be aware of the specific skills each story illustrates and remember to include the positive outcome or lesson learned from each experience. This will most likely come in the interview and getting acquainted with your real life stories will set you well on a right track as you no longer need to consume time in thinking and thinking trying to put your facts and outcomes in order.
- Be ready to discuss your strengths and your ability to learn from past experiences. Also, think about how you could contribute to the work of the United Nations and to the specific position you are applying
for. This distinguishes you from other competitors when you respond adequately.
- Review the competencies mentioned in the job opening. These will be probed in your interview, so your stories should show your skill in these competency areas. Your stories should be able to match up with the core competencies required. This again gives you a competitive edge.
- The structure of your answer should be: Situation, Action, and Result. When you follow this definite order, it shows not just your ability to identify problems but also to proffer solutions.
- Practice: Keep practicing till you go for the interview. Stand before the mirror and speak. Get enlightened friends to ask you questions while you reply and they also highlight their
observations and corrections.
For more opportunity updates and tips please Click HERE to join us on Telegram